Saturday, September 13, 2008

Scribble Scrabble

Thursday night I helped Aubrey with her homework. Yes, she has has homework in Kindergarten. Afterward I had to sign her homework sheet to take back to Miss DuBois to prove that she really did her homework. I signed my name and gave it to Aubrey to put in her backpack.

She looked at it and whined, "Why did you sign it like that? Now my teacher's going to think that I gave it to you and you just went scribble scrabble on it. She doesn't like scribble scrabble." So, I had to take it back and print my name unerneath it to make her happy. Apparently after some 15 years of higher education I wouldn't be able to pass kindergarten. My, how times have changed.

6 comments:

ang said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I am still laughing. Saige said pretty much the same thing to me last week.

Having a Ball said...

I can totally hear Aubrey say that, thats what makes it so funny. you have been tagged by the way.

Anonymous said...

Its good that you know exactly where you stand in relation to your kindergarteners. She
s not at all itimidated by all your years of higher education, but by golly, she recognizes scribble scrabble when she sees it. That is hilarious!

Team Bryan said...

HI!!! I am so glad to find your blog!! Devan and Cassie came by with Drostan and told us you were bloggers!! US TOO!! Come on over to ours. It's teambryanshomeplate.blogsopt.com.

Your Ashley is a doll face!! All your kids are. They have grown so fast, and always so smart. Love the horse comment. Just like a child to confound us wise folk.

Love You!! Tari Bryan

Kirsti said...

Hi Diane and Ryan, I was so thrilled to have stumbled upon your blog. I was thrilled to see how your kids have grown and to find out that you are in Japan, what a grand adventure for your family. I need to get your email to invite you to our blog.

CK Black Family said...

Apparently all us WI folks are connecting through each others' blogs - this is fantastic!! We're at ckblackfamily.blogspot.com. Japan, earthquakes, horses in scriptures, huh! You're very brave and adventurous and I wish it were me - we'll have to come visit!!