Thursday, October 23, 2008

Three Months in Japan

Today my friend Jason pointed out that it has been three months since we got to Misawa. Mostly I think he just wanted to make sure we liked it here since he talked it up so much that we volunteered to come here. It got me thinking that I really haven't posted about any of the things that we have done here in the last three months. So I thought I would post about some of our adventures here.

Our first weekend here in Misawa was the Lantern Festival. I have no idea what they were celbrating, but the streets outside the base were lined with paper lanterns and booths selling food, so we went to take a look and get some dinner. We all decided that the yakisoba was pretty good, some of the other things weren't such a hit with the kids though.























The next week we went on the mandated tour to Hachinohe. We went to the fish market, an Shinto shrine, and a mall. At the fish market they let us try all sorts of things. I ate my first salmon eggs (very salty), jelly fish salmon jerky and lots of vegetable I couldn't name if I had to. I have come to the conclusion there is almost nothing that the Japanese won't eat.












Well, I am out of time for the night. I will try to post some pictures and stories of adventure to Ajigasawa and the Sea of Japan soon.






























1 comment:

CK Black Family said...

Wow! I'm still jealous! We REALLY are going to come see you there in Japan...one of these years. Looks like your family is doing well. Happy Halloween (in case they don't celebrate it there).