Sunday, March 1, 2009

Learning to Ski

With all of the snow around I decided that I would teach the kids to ski this year. The first time I took just Jonathan. They had about 6 inches of new, wet snow. Jonathan liked the bunny hill, but was no fan of the regular hill as it was much steeper and he couldn't turn because the snow was so deep.

The next time we went I took both Jonathan and Aubrey. We actually went on both Friday and Saturday that time. The great thing about Shichinohe is that it is close and cheap. I can be there in 45 minutes and a two hour pass for the rope tow on the bunny hill is only 200 yen ($2.00) for the kids and 400 yen ($4.00) for me. This time the snow was better. Jonathan started to get the hang of making turns and Aubrey could get up the rope tow by herself and got her balance. She fell on her turns, but was able to go across the hill without falling.









































No comments: